Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Who got a shiny new toy for Christmas?




Okay, it was me. And I didn't get this as a gift per-se. I put together some gift certificate money and bought myself a mackin multimeter for my EV endeavors. I had a decent unit before, but I lent it out and it has fallen into the "permanently borrowed" category of tools.

It does all sorts of clever stuff:
  • AC / DC voltage
  • AC /DC Amps
  • Temp
  • Frequency
  • Capacitance
  • Resistance (is futile)
Here's is the product info page from Sears:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_03482369000P

I haven't had a chance to use it. In fact, the night I got it home to play with it, the power went out at the house. Maybe it's a sign that the EV project is doomed. Maybe it's just a funny coincidence. I'll operate under the assumption that it's the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment