Thursday, April 2, 2009

EV Biker is moving shop


No, I'm not moving my blog. My actual shop is moving! We're moving house, so instead of doing cool things like getting my forks back on the bike, I've been busy packing up the bike and associated parts for the new place.

The new place has a slightly larger garage, which is always a good thing. Also, instead of the two garage doors, there's one big honkin' door. Also, a good thing. This garage even has a bumpout which should allow me to put my work bench / tool chests in there instead of taking up so much room in the garage itself.

Some other good news is that an EV will be much more practical at the new location. Right now, I live on a very steep mountain and am about 12 miles away from the closest town worth visiting. At the new place, my wife will only have about a 4 mile commute (down from over 25 miles), so when I build the EV car, she'll be able to drive that to work.

Of course, this all means that I'm going to be spending all my time getting my garage set up with all of my tools and supplies that are currently in storage. My biggest fear is losing some important parts in the move. I've been very carefully bagging items and putting them all in totes. In the end I'll be better off because I previously had parts scattered in the basement, in the attic, in the garage, etc. All of the parts are going to be in one room once we've moved.

No comments:

Post a Comment